Just eat real food.
Before reading through hundreds of pages of diet books, please understand these 4 simple words.
Food is fuel for your body, and not all food is created equal. The paleo diet outlines basic principles to increase longevity, and improve your health.
Robb Wolf, a former research biochemist and current health author, recently spoke at The Ancestral Health Symposium about the paleo lifestyle/diet.
In the video below, he highlights the science behind “going paleo”, and he also talks about how it saved his life.
Here are the key points of his lecture:
- Over hundreds of thousands of years, Humans evolved and adapted to a certain diet. Our bodies are genetically programed to eat fruits, vegetables, meats, seafood, nuts, seeds, and healthy fats.
- Paleo is more of a lifestyle than a diet. It involves eating properly, exercising, getting adequate sleep at night, taking vitamins, socializing, etc.
- He recommends trying out all diets and comparing them. Do whatever makes you feel the best.
- Educate yourself. Before you dismiss this idea completely, properly research the paleo solution, and give it a try for 30 days.
- “Foods are appropriate for any given species if they were regularly consumed during most of its prior evolution.”